• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiotic

Hello,

Couldnt find this elsewhere (I may be blind haha)

Basically I have a first advance ticket from Addlestone to Crewe am I right in saying I only have to be on the booked Virgin Train from Euston to Stafford, but can take any service upto London Euston? I just wana spend a bit of time in the First Class lounge at Euston and grab some dinner from a restraunt on the station.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AndyLandy

Established Member
Hello,

Couldnt find this elsewhere (I may be blind haha)

Basically I have a first advance ticket from Addlestone to Crewe am I right in saying I only have to be on the booked Virgin Train from Euston to Stafford, but can take any service upto London Euston? I just wana spend a bit of time in the First Class lounge at Euston and grab some dinner from a restraunt on the station.

What reservation coupon(s) did you get with the ticket? As a basic rule-of-thumb, if you've got a coupon for a leg, you need to ride that service. If not, you can ride any appropriate service.

Idiotic

I haven't picked up the tickets yet. But from a journey before in the past I only had a reservation coupon for the Euston leg so can't see that being different. It was booked through the Virgin Site.

cjohnson

Should be fine. Addlestone-Waterloo isn't a reservable service so you can take whichever train you like into London. The booking engines allow oodles of time to change onto the tube, so even if you took the recommended itinerary from Addlestone chances are you'd be hanging around at Euston for half an hour anyway.

wibble

Should be fine. Addlestone-Waterloo isn't a reservable service so you can take whichever train you like into London. The booking engines allow oodles of time to change onto the tube, so even if you took the recommended itinerary from Addlestone chances are you'd be hanging around at Euston for half an hour anyway.

Actually, some of the morning peak services to London are reservable...

Status
Not open for further replies.