• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance tickets and engineering work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barn

Established Member
Back in September I bought two First Advance tickets from Manchester Victoria to Leeds using Transpenine Express for this Sunday.

It looks like they are running a revised timetable this Sunday. Trains are not calling at Manchester Victoria or Piccadilly and are instead leaving from Manchester Oxford Road.

Because I bought my ticket before the change was made, I'm currently holding an Advance ticket for a train that no longer exists. What's right thing to do about this? Do I travel on the closest train from Oxford Road and hope the guard understands? Or do I try to exchange the tickets? I'm worried I'll be told at the ticket office that there are no First Advances left to issue or that I'll be left with no seat reservation.

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
Contact TPE. Explain the situation. They've sold you a ticket, therefore they have to get you there. The ticket office will probably be your best bet.

I really don't know what they'll do; I've never heard of this happening before. They might simply give you reservations on another train. It might be that the train is still running, but simply you have to go to Oxford Road instead at a slightly different time.

Whatever happens, there's been a problem in the system and, even though the ticket you have is on a non-running service, you should be able to Leeds. You have a contract with TPE, and they have to fulfil their end of the deal.

glynn80

Established Member
They are likely at the ticket office to just endorse it for the nearest (next) train on the back. This is what happens when other connections are late and thus you miss your reserved train.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
TPE have been getting some late notice alterations to the timetable for engineering works, one week I received notice of changes just two days beforehand, by email. As I understand it the trains are running through Piccadilly non-stop because the timetable for other trains is already too tight, thus they can't stop without disrupting other train services.

Contact TPE, they will either give you a new reservation or tell you what to do. The likelyhood is you reservation will stand but for the corresponding train from Oxford Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.