• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advance Tickets FGW before Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonm

Hi. I'm going to London from Devon on the week before Xmas. I have booked my advance ticket out on Tuesday 20th Dec, but the advance ones for the return trip on the Thursday 22nd aren't out yet. When will they be out - or will they not appear at all? I can always get a super off peak single, but I'd rather have an advance one!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Not available yet (Booking Horizons)

Only FGW know when they will be released (and even they may not know as they may be waiting for Network Rail). I doubt "they will not appear at all" although it may be that no cheap ones are released for the times you want, there's no way to know until they are released.

A Super Off Peak Single can be bought on the day of travel.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Even when the tickets are released, there may be lower availability than normal because of the proximity to Christmas.

Flamingo

Established Member
Given the idea of Advance tickets is to put bums on seats on quiet trains, it's not surprising.

Ever tried to book a transatlantic flight after the 10th of Dec? I remember about 10 years ago that the cheapest flight to Washington DC went up by over £1500 from one week to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.