• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Adventuring around Central South England

Status
Not open for further replies.

James_D

Hi guys,

After a few tough weeks and a long weekend off work upcoming, i fancy taking the TOC card out for a spin and taking a trip down South for a few days for a bit of head clearing time.

I will be travelling down to Holyport near Maidenhead to stay with a friend on Friday night, then thinking about visiting Winchester for the Saturday as i've heard good things and never had a chance to visit.

I dont need to head back to the North East until the Monday night, so i have Saturday evening to Monday afternoon to go exploring. Was wondering if the forum could give me some suggestions about some nice places to visit in the rough triangle between Bristol, Southampton and Reading? But could head slightly further afield if something takes my fancy.

I was considering going to visit STEAM in Swindon, and i've heard good things about Salisbury too (recent events excepted!)

I'm interested in museums (particularly related to military or history), aviation, cosy British pubs and cafes, eating out and looking at beautiful women, ha! (Perhaps i shouldnt go to Steam then!)

Looking forward to reading your suggestions
Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
Salisbury is a good place to visit to spend a few hours

Museum of army flying might be of interest:
https://www.armyflying.com

Although it isn't the easiest to reach by public transport (buses from Winchester - Andover) due to the timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.