• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice for a day track bashing around Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambus731

Not sure when this is likely to happen but I'm looking into spending a day track bashing around Manchester. It will probably be on a Friday for obvious reasons, as I'd like to to get the Stockport-Guide Bridge line in. So any information about odd working and bits of line that get very few services would be very gratefully received. I'm under the impression there a quite a few bits of line that get very little passenger service such as the line direct from Styal to Heald Green and I believe one of the curves at Hadfield/Glossop is hard to do.
Actually looking at my Rail Atlas I suspect that one day won't be enough to clear all the lines I require around Manchester, but it would be nice to try to break the back of what I require.

I require;
Wilmslow to Slade Lane Junction via Gatley including the airport.
Edgely Junction to Mickle Trafford Junction
Hazel Grove to Buxton
Most of the Tramlink apart from the Bury line.
the Ordsell and Castlefield Curves
Miles Platting Junction to Stalybridge Junction, Guide Bridge West Junction to Romiley Junction/Hadfield/Glossop
Heaton Park Tramway

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gnolife

Established Member
You can get all three sides of Hadfield triangle on any departure between 15:46 and 17:57

For all sides of Heald Green triangle, I'd sugest the 20:47 Piccadilly to Wilmslow (arr 2123) and 21:38 return (taking in the hard side to do).

Status
Not open for further replies.