• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah123

Hi i have been watching this forum for some time and the advice is invaluble to anybody new starting a new career. I have completed all assessments and just waiting for medical and start date. Im looking forward to my new career but before i leave my job which is relatively 'safe' i have a queery which someone may be able to help with. The particular toc i am with have the the franchise for a couple of years but i dont know what will happen to new drivers if that isnt renewed. As i would be in my probation period would they make new drivers redundant? Surely the franchise isnt good and cuts have to be made? Excuse my naievity but i dont know the answer?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

red2005

I'd be amazed If that happened!...............not the most experienced In such matters personally but from what I gather It's quite simply a change of uniform should the franchise change. Could be wrong but seems to be the consensus at work whenever I've asked similar questions.

I think the time to be worried Is If you are In a talent pool etc when a franchise changes hands or If a FOC loses a contract as the poor guys who were awaiting jobs with freightliner found out.

theironroad

Established Member
If you've actually started and are employed and being paid then I'd suggest you have very little to worry about. Most TOCs need new drivers, I guess the only complication is when the new franchise is radically different in terms of routes being transferred to others TOCs.

If you're employed at time of franchise switch, you will just be TUPEd over to new employer, with a new logo and possibly some new uniform and probably new highh level managers,not that most people know who the current higher managers are lol

Status
Not open for further replies.