• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on Complimentary Travel Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeganland

Hi. Firstly, thank you in advance if anyone is able to help.

I have received two Complimentary Travel passes from Northern for delayed travel earlier in the year.

Both tickets are marked Adult and Return, along with my name as Customer on both passes.

When I submitted my claim, I made two separate claims under one account (one for mine and one the person I was travelling with), not realising at the time that my name would be pre-written on the travel pass (this is my first time claiming).

My question is:- Can I use both passes at the same time - i.e me and a friend travelling together at the same time? If not, can I give one of the passes to the other person I originally traveled with to use when they want to - as in, will they require identification to prove they are the person whom the pass is for?

Again, many thanks for any help people can provide.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You aren’t required to show identification when using them.

I asked Northern a while ago if two people may travel together using passes with the same name. The answer was an unequivocal ‘yes’.

In any case, Northern’s guards have more important things to worry about.

Keeganland

You aren’t required to show identification when using them.

I asked Northern a while ago if two people may travel together using passes with the same name. The answer was an unequivocal ‘yes’.

In any case, Northern’s guards have more important things to worry about.

Brilliant. Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.