• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice on fraudulently refunding tickets

greyman42

Established Member
An arrest for fraud will not bar you from entry to the United States. Even a conviction wouldn’t bar you. You just need to apply for a visa instead of availing of ESTA.

A fraud conviction will not result in serious limitations on your life in the way some people imagine. It’s bad, for sure, but you will be able to live a normal life for the most part, especially once the conviction is spent.
Good post. Too many posters on here seem to think that a criminal record equals total disaster.
Anthony Joshua, the boxer, has a conviction for drug dealing yet has no problem visiting the USA.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
It doesn't help that in the US you can be de-arrested which expunges the record (at least in these terms), but in the UK you generally can't, you're just released without charge and the arrest remains on the record.

De-arresting is definitely possible in the UK if you know what to say to the arresting officer.

Bungle158

A criminal conviction is a handicap. It can have an effect on employment prospects and can make entry to places like Australua and NZ more complicated. Generally, discliosing a one off eases things, but the onus is on the convicted to fess up in advance
Good post. Too many posters on here seem to think that a criminal record equals total disaster.
Anthony Joshua, the boxer, has a conviction for drug dealing yet has no problem visiting the USA.
N

jumble

Am I correct in saying that prosecutions will be done under Fraud Act 2006, and a conviction will permanently show on any DBS check?

Also, my friend remains unconvinced that the TOC will actually find out what they are doing ("I'm more clever than these people who have been specifically trained to catch me, etc, etc.") Does anyone have examples of people being caught doing this and consequences thereof?
A close relation was a Barrister
They told me that pretty much every criminal thinks they are smarter than the police
The reality is for most misbehaviours who continue it is likely to be simply a matter of time and your "Friend" should take careful note