• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kb79

Hi again everyone
Thanks in advance for your help.
Is is common practice to be asked to continue to go into work after being told you've failed your final conductors test? CTM not back in until Tuesday and said will let me know what's happening then after speaking to HR.
Great results all the way through training, 91% on theory but due to nerves made a complete mess of practical. Will another test be offered?
Feel it's quite ruthless being asked to continue with minder if it's goodbye on Tuesday

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mgv1349

Hi again everyone
Thanks in advance for your help.
Is is common practice to be asked to continue to go into work after being told you've failed your final conductors test? CTM not back in until Tuesday and said will let me know what's happening then after speaking to HR.
Great results all the way through training, 91% on theory but due to nerves made a complete mess of practical. Will another test be offered?
Feel it's quite ruthless being asked to continue with minder if it's goodbye on Tuesday
Sorry but what is CTM?

I don’t think it will be goodbye, they will just be looking at what to do next and how to help.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Is is common practice to be asked to continue to go into work after being told you've failed your final conductors test?

Yes and expectedly so. You/Your Husband is still an employee and required to go to work. As he is a Trainee still then he would still be expected to carry out his Training or be assigned other duties. For him to be back with his Minder is a good sign. Nothing is ever guaranteed but I would take that as a positive.

Kb79

Thank you. Here's hoping!
Should find out Tuesday/ Wednesday for certain.
Passed the theory test no problem and did well on the 12 weeks training course so hopefully they will offer a re test for the practical.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.