Advice required please

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by Des587, 26 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Des587

Des587 Member

I recently went for a movements controller job where I had to do the train drivers assessment. Unfortunately I wasn't successful, however I have been told that I do not need to sit the assessments again. Does anyone know how I go about applying for trainee train driver jobs as there seems to be an abundance of internal recruitment programs. Is it worth contacting individual TOCs and FOCs stating I have carried out and passed the preliminary (mandated) assessments ( inc MMI).

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

2. RBSN

RBSN Member

Which assessments didn't you pass?

3. Des587

Des587 Member

The final interview with the Depot Operations Manager, passed all the driver assessments.

4. RBSN

RBSN Member

Oh right. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) after passing the assessments you have a set amount of time before you would have to re-sit the assessments. Different ToCs have different set times.

5. redbutton

redbutton Member

Just keep an eye on the jobs websites of the TOCs in your area. Trainee vacancies are usually posted online. Generally, it's only worth submitting speculative applications if you're a fully-qualified driver trying to change TOCs.

Your assessment results are good for up to five years, but some TOCs won't accept results older than three. Some also require "enhanced" pass marks which you may not have. However, the rule is that you can only fail twice. You can take the assessments as many times as you want as long as you pass.

6. daddy_badger

daddy_badger Member

Its 6 months before you can resit. 12 months lifespan on current pass so good luck with finding a vacancy. If its not mentioned on here then keep an eye on individual tocs websites.

some tocs may ask you to resit certain tests dependent on yourscore.

7. SPADTrap

SPADTrap Established Member

Mods delete please

Last edited: 2 Jun 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.