• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

After School Travels 08+09/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Well yesterday I read a DRS fleet list and saw that 37218+20312 were allox 6062 Willesden-Dungeness. It was Wednesday, so I figured that they were returning on 6M95 16:35 back to Willesden. After school, I went home, then came back out and got the 17:29 Denmark Hill-Bromley South. I waited for a while, then explored the town. When I returned, I waited for a few minutes, in which three Eurostars passed. Then, 37218+20312 stormed through the station with a flask in tow. After that, I took the 18:35 to Denmark Hill and went back home.

I discovered that a VSOE was due to arrive at Victora at 15:30, so after school, I took the 15:02 from West Norwood - Victoria. Just before arriving at Battersea Park, I looked down and saw a 37 in Stewarts Lane. Then I saw another one, a flat wagon and a Eurostar! Apon arrival at Victoria, I rushed to the Tube and took to Victoria line to Vauxhall. I asked some staff if an E* passed through in the last few minutes, and they said no. I then had a sinking feeling that it was heading to the WLL. Sure enough, a quick look on my phone revealed that it was indeed off to the North Pole (I hope you got that one Julian!)

I then went to Waterloo and took a 507 to Victoria. I arrived to learn that the VSOE hadn't yet arrived (at 4pm). None of the staff knew about the kettle either. A minute later, 34067 turned up with the charter, with some sort of diesel coach on the rear. Then, 33202 arrived light engine to bring it back to Stewarts Lane. Not a darned 67!!! So I watched that go (the driver opened up after he went under the bridge, so I couldn't shoot much clag :().

Then I took the 16:47 to Clapham Junction, where I learn that a lightening bolt f***ed up some signal at Vauxhall, so there were major delays. I eventually made it to London Bridge, where I took the 18:25 fast to Forest Hill.

I shall be seeing another VSOE tomorrow and the day after that! Hopefully the 67s will be taken up on Enterprises, Ruggexes and 377 moves!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
do remember that when there are problems on the WLL
the two 37s go out and pull the 373 via Kew Bridge Junction,NLL and up to NP

RJ

Established Member
Not sure, but this one came from Dollands Moor on some sort of engineers train. It did travel via the WLL :D

jonb

Established Member
joea1 said:
Hopefully the 67s will be taken up on Enterprises, Ruggexes and 377 moves!

Don't bank on it theres usually at least 7 or 8 down in the London area usually at Wembley/The Lane/Hither Green.

RJ

Established Member
That's fine, as long as they stay where they are, and Fragonset send their stuff along!

The new March Minglings collection has been created, featuring a dismally blurred 6M95, a Networker in the process of making smoke, 33202 leaving Victoria today, 34067 and a 159 stopping on the slow lines at Clapham.

Status
Not open for further replies.