• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

All trains calling at all stations for suburban lines

mangyiscute

Established Member
Reading to Waterloo services have been stopping at Putney and Vauxhall for a few years now.

In the past, the service used to stop at Richmond, then Clapham Junction.

When I used the service on Sunday, the service also called at Barnes.
Unfortunately you're completely wrong, Reading services only call at Clapham, Richmond, Twickenham and Feltham between London and Staines, which is pretty fast already.
On Sundays, they get additional calls at Putney and Vauxhall, but that is it as far as the standard calling pattern.
I personally wouldn't be against a Vauxhall call all the time as I often travel Reading to Vauxhall in order to watch the cricket, but the change at Clapham is fine, and I usually go through Paddington anyway since it's way faster.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Only a few trains stop there, mainly on Sunday and the odd one on Saturday. I travel a lot during the week and it has always been just Richmond and Clapham Junction. Last Sunday it stopped at Barnes because it had used the Hounslow Loop while the line through Richmond was closed for engineering.
”There” is where, please? Barnes?

davews

”There” is where, please? Barnes?
Sorry, didn't include the quote. 'There' was Putney and Vauxhall. Though as mangyiscute says Putney is served on Sundays, no trains regularly stop at Vauxhall except during engineering work changes. Barnes last Sunday was definitely a one off for engineering.