• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Alpes-Maritimes France new ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
From my Nice trip report - I think it belongs here, so it doesn't get lost.

The Region has introduced a number of one-day passes which can be bought at the ordinary SNCF TER machines.

However, there is also a seasonal* 3/7/14-day Pass Explore valid on all local public transport in Alpes-Maritimes.
As the TER Information office at Nice was closed, I tested the local ticket machines.
You have to use a Lignes d'Azur machine (mostly at tram stops, but there's one in Nice Ville station.
All you have to do is select Tickets, then scroll down - and down - for about 4 screens until you find it.
It's simply called a Pass X jours (not the correct name) but the price matches, so buy it.
You need to choose the start day, and I assume therefore it's not multiples of 24h.
There's an extra EUR2 for the reusable smartcard. I didn't work out how to buy 2 at once :(

Touch in every time you board; the SNCF validators can read it, as can onboard staff if you should meet them :)

https://www.ter.sncf.com/sud-proven...ifs-cartes/bons-plans/pass-sudazur-explore-en

We've done Breil-Tende-Nice and will do Nice-Puget and back at the very least, plus trams and buses, so even on minimal use it's worth it.

The Departement runs from Grasse to Ventimiglia BTW.

*the extended summer season from early April to early November.
OT traditionally Palm Sunday to All Saints' Day, Rameaux to Toussaint - which one UK publication many years ago turned into a pair of stations on one of the French preserved lines :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Unfortunately it only seems to be valid until 6 November.
Yes, sorry, corrected post.

A small detail from my last day, when I took the CP up to Puget-Theniers: the onboard validators, and the crew's scanners, only accept it as valid on the suburban section out as far as Plan du Var (which is the limit for ordinary tickets) - on my outward trip I had to explain that I had the Explore ticket; the guy took it away to check and came back pretty quickly to confirm that I was right :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.