• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ALR Trip Help & Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
All this Scotland talk is just too confusing for me.
I just really want to get Wick and Thurso covered! I don't mind missing the sleeper back as long as they give us somewhere to stay and get us back home in the morning.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
You shouldn't miss it and I'm sure if you inform the train crew that you plan to catch the sleeper upon departure/first ticket check, and you have your reservations, then you should be able to claim the "free" SB travel if you miss the train; of course with the low frequency north of Inverness, that can quite easily be taken into consideration!

Might be worthwhile checking with FSR to see if that's the case?

Craig

Established Member
I did a couple of years ago. Was on a train to London from Paignton which was cancelled at Westbury (there was no replacement guard at Exeter so the original one agreed to take the train forward to Westbury where he'd be over hours. The replacement guard taxied from Bristol wasn't passed on loco hauled stock :roll:). Ended up getting into Paddington about the same time as the last northbound service from Kings Cross. FGW sorted out a hotel for us (3 priv and 1 normal IIRC) without any hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.