• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Always wear your personal protective equipment when working with machinery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
I have just had a very near disaster using a power tool, which involved a few broken fingers and a very bruised hand.

The point I am trying to make is, always wear your PPE when working with machines and/or power tools. If I hadn't have been wearing the gloves and goggles, I wouldn't have been able to type this thread up!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Good escape, thankfully you're not properly hurt.

Also, can I just say to complete an assessment of the risk when you wear gloves around rotating machines, it is normally best practice on fixed rotating shafts (Such as Pillar Drills and Abrasive Discs) to not wear gloves. (What I was told on my machine shop training)

Last edited:
I work for a big window company in lincoln and I witnessed an accident where a bloke put his hand into an extractor fan, luckily he was wearing gloves which kept his hand in tact (his little finger was hanging off by a tiny thread of skin) now if he wasn't wearing gloves, he would of been known as the one hand man

Status
Not open for further replies.