• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amersham Oyster Validators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
Mods, please move if you think it could have a better home!

For a single offpeak journey between Central London and Wendover or Stoke Mandeville, it is clearly cheaper to use Oyster PAYG as far as Amersham.

Are there validators on the platforms, and if so, approximately where? (This is just in case I want to stay on Chiltern not switch from/to the Met!)

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterC

Established Member
and if you forget there are validators at Chalfont and Latimer as well.

adamskiodp

Mods, please move if you think it could have a better home!

For a single offpeak journey between Central London and Wendover or Stoke Mandeville, it is clearly cheaper to use Oyster PAYG as far as Amersham.

Are there validators on the platforms, and if so, approximately where? (This is just in case I want to stay on Chiltern not switch from/to the Met!)

Many thanks in advance.

There are yellow validators on the Amersham platforms. Even though I live near Aylesbury, I haven’t taken a train from there in years. I just drive to Amersham and start/end there. The car park charge is cheaper than the fare from Aylesbury ;)

Last edited:

Veteran Member
Thanks all
@paddington that's on the down platforms?
@adamskiodp yellow validators not pink, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.