• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amman Valley tram/train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
Just seen this in the south wales evening post:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Rail-boost-welcomed/story-16589396-detail/story.html
AN Amman Valley railway charity has welcomed the Government's £2 billion pledge to electrify the train line from London to Swansea — but said there are still gaps it can fill.
The Amman Valley Railway Society (AVRS) says it has already secured overseas investors to build a cutting-edge £250 million tram system connecting the Amman Valley, Llanelli and Swansea. This, it said, would supplement the electrification, which will start construction in 2014.

I have my doubts but if it does come off then I will most certainly have a ride as I am sure a few members here will also do especially those living locally close to the Swansea & Llanelli area's.

I do wonder how this would be profitable although I suppose a line between Swansea City Centre & Oystermouth would be commercially viable especially considering how busy the area is and is geting even busier

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I fear that such a short article probably betrays the lack of any concrete proposals, planning, or any other serious work in preparation for any scheme. I'd be surprised if there was anything apart from vague pledges of support!

Status
Not open for further replies.