• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amsterdam to Eindhoven every 10 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
From the new timetable starting 10 December, there will be a train every 10 minutes for most of the day between Amsterdam and Eindhoven, via Utrecht and 's-Hertogenbosch, 7 days a week. Well, strictly speaking two of those 6 trains per hour go to/from Schiphol, but they also stop at Amsterdam Zuid, so they are still between Amsterdam and Eindhoven. Also, if you are going to/from Amsterdam Centraal, you can change at Utrecht where there is a tight connection with the train to/from Schiphol with cross platform interchange, meaning it takes the same time whether you change or not, give or take one minute.

From Eindhoven, the trains run at 07, 17, 27, 37, 47 and 57 minutes past each hour. From Amsterdam Centraal, they are at 05, 14, 24, 35, 44 and 55 minutes past each hour, so in that direction there is a slight deviation from the 10 minute interval.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Groningen

Established Member
There are examples that this may be good for the IC service. Several stoppingservices will take more time. For example: Breukelen - Amsterdam will have a 4 - 26 interval. So departure at say 0, 4, 30 and 34. Utrecht - Tiel and further to Arnhem will take 24 minutes more. Also the IC and stoppingservices from Amsterdam and Alkmaar + Uitgeest will have strange intervals. Also trains south of Eindhoven arrive a few minutes earlier. For example Heerlen. Departure from Amsterdam at 13.35 and 13.45 (no 55) and arrival in Heerlen at 16.08 (change Sittard) and 16.11. Only the people to and from Eindhoven will benefit. For Venlo almost nothing changes; time to change direction is 5 minutes there and stays the same.

Gadget88

I’m going to Amsterdam soon but planning Rotterdam next.

Eindhoven and Utrecht are also on my list are they worth a visit?

chubs

I’m going to Amsterdam soon but planning Rotterdam next.

Eindhoven and Utrecht are also on my list are they worth a visit?

Utrecht is an amazing city, I like it a lot more than Amsterdam or Rotterdam but im biased as I have family ties to it and visit frequently!

It's also the hub of the rain network and a stunning example of what can actually be done to refurbish a rail station and make it fit for another 20 years (although slightly less impressive if you didnt see what it was like before I guess).

Groningen

Established Member
I am of course tainted, because i am from the Netherlands. Problem is; do you go for the station or/and city. From 16 to 17 hours there are 57 trains just departing from Utrecht Centraal. From Eindhoven 20. Den Bosch is also not a bad city to visit. Eindhoven is more to go out. It is very hard to find something interesting in Eindhoven. I find Den Bosch more interesting as Eindhoven and is also a railwayhotspot.

Maybe you can find it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eindhoven.
Den Bosch: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'s-Hertogenbosch
Yes; this city has 2 names as 's-Gravenhage/Den Haag and Gorkum/Gorcum/Gorinchem does.

AlexNL

Established Member
NS operate a shuttle service between Utrecht Centraal and the museum, for which you need a separate ticket. If you want to go to the museum by train, plan a journey to Utrecht Maliebaan.

duesselmartin

Established Member
NS operate a shuttle service between Utrecht Centraal and the museum, for which you need a separate ticket. If you want to go to the museum by train, plan a journey to Utrecht Maliebaan.

Mind you, the walk through the city centre is worth it and takes around 20m min. If the museum is the only reason then Maliebaan by NS. I believe the train runs hourly.

chubs

Go for the city. Utrecht is a great city, beautiful with the sunken canals and hidden cafes and restaurants in the side streets and the suburbs.

The main city centre area has gone crazy with tourists since the Tour de France passed through a few years back, 10-20 years ago it was so much quieter but it's still worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.