• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Amusing grafitti?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

Established Member
Ahh, some of the above are simply brilliant...Especially the photo of Lickey, and what OL Leigh posted above! :lol::D<D

Staying on the rail theme; Although I don't know the line in question, someone had apparently sprayed the following on a bridge over a very obscure and infrequently served branch in Yorkshire:...
Jesus is coming!

Underneath this was some smaller text, added in a different hand...
...Only if he remembers to change at Darlington!
:lol:<D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sadly, the best place for witty graffiti is inside driving cabs.

http://weirdy49.fotopic.net/p50821796.html
http://weirdy49.fotopic.net/p41179728.html

Others include "P45" written on the red TPWS Brake Demand light. We also ocassionally get the brake steps re-labelled as "Release", "Non-existent", "Poor", "Full Service (Not Known at Ilford)" and "Emergency - Become Driver Manager".

O L Leigh

That's funny, I can imagine why 'P45' is on the brake demand light! Surprised that drivers would graphiti the cabs though....

O L Leigh

Established Member
Unfortunately some of our drivers don't have the sense not to mess their own nest, so to speak.

Mind you, we do get the ocassional gem amongst the general abuse, union bashing and football idiocy. One such I noticed the other day was a limerick dedicated to one of our lady drivers. It read;

There was a young lady called Bright,
Who drove at the speed of light.
She left home one day,
In a relative way,
And got home the previous night.

Clever stuff, wouldn't you say...?

Mind you, some of it is a little more crude. One of the Cl317/8's had a hole in the cab where a cable used to come out. So some wag drew a pair of splayed legs either side and some tits above with the caption "Ur wife". Not very subtle. On a slightly cleverer note, another unit had a patch of paint missing inside the cab that looked not entirely unlike the outline of the UK. Someone, no doubt from the depot of the same name, had then drawn on an arrow pointing at approximately the right place and written "Chingford" as if indicating the place on a map.

O L Leigh

Drsatan

Established Member
Written on the reverse of a toilet cubicle door somewhere in Shanklin someone wrote "Wake up GB. Europe is taking over":D

Also, a few years ago when travelling on the Sutton loop, someone had written on the side of a building "Relax, it ain't the worst crime" - presumably referring to graffiti!

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
On the back of a network rail van i seen on the A1 it had on the back doors this van is dirtier than my wife

We got a couple of these on the back of our NR vans at Grove Park TMD maybe it's part of NRs image as every where I go I see this writen on NRs vans or maybe it's just a coincidence.

SWT Driver

Seen above a speedo some years ago.

Miles Out. Km/h In..

Above a communication cord on a BEP

Test your strength & win a free trip (In a police car).

me123

Established Member
This one is pretty frequent in Glasgow:

"If you read this you are gay (except me)"

Status
Not open for further replies.