• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

An Almost Situation That May Happen to Someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
In the breezy weather I handed my ticket for inspection at the barrier only for a gust of wind to take it and blow it down the platform. Luckily I managed to retrieve it but what if I hadn't ? Would it be my fault for losing it and if I had actually handed it to the ticket examiner and it had blown from his hand would it then be his ? Am sure this must have happened to someone somewhere at sometime. Thankfully it wasn't me on this occasion but was wondering what the position would be if it had.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
Interesting Topic :)

I think every effort would be made to get it back, then I don't know what would happen.

I wonder if their is a clause for this?

dvboy

Established Member
If you were exiting and the inspector saw it fly off to somewhere irretrievable, I would hope s/he would give you the benefit of the doubt and let you through anyway.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
If it went somewhere irretrievable, the customer ought to be given the benefit of the doubt and have the ticket replaced. Handwritten if necessary.

It's not a rule but any other solution would be unacceptable IMO.

Temple Meads

Established Member
if it went somewhere irretrievable, the customer ought to be given the benefit of the doubt and have the ticket replaced. Handwritten if necessary.

It's not a rule but any other solution would be unacceptable imo.

+1....

sheff1

Established Member
I have no idea how it would be handled here, but I had this very experience in Portugal a couple of years back.

Boarding at Lisbon Oriente with my wife,travelling to Porto, I stupidly took the tickets from my wallet to check the seat numbers as I was boarding rather then when I was inside. One ticket blew underneath the train. Fortunately a platform staff member was near that door and saw what happened. He had limited English but explained I should board and he would make arrangements. He also wrote something (obviously in Portugeuse) on the back of the ticket I still had hold of.

I assume he then retrieved the ticket after the train had departed and had made a call up the line because, after leaving Coimbra, the train conductor appeared and gave me a lengthy note, confirming the ticket details, which he told me to show if tickets were checked on the connecting train to Porto Sao Bento (they weren't).

Status
Not open for further replies.