• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"and connections"

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmilton

I had to come home from London to Burton-on-Trent today and had bought Virgin advance tickets on the 1757 from Euston and connecting at Tamworth. In the event my business was finished much earlier than expected, and I decided not to wait until my booked train, but to get a London Midland only single to Tamworth then another single from Tamworth to Burton, travelling on the LM 1446 service ... extra cost, of course, but I was home much earlier.

My question is, given that my original ticket was VWC "& Connections", could I still have used the it for the Tamworth-Burton leg even though I had not taken the Virgin service I was booked on?

In the event I decided not to chance it, but I was a bit surprised to pay £6.30 for a single from Tamworth to Burton, having only paid £17.40 from Euston to Tamworth!

Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Technically once you have decided not to get the train from London, the ticket is then completely invalid as it is not valid for 'starting short'.

There is no point going into it further than that to be honest!

The debate about starting/finishing short has been done to death in recent topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.