• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anglia Mark 3s to Neville Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyman42

Established Member
A set of Anglia Mark 3s recently visited Neville Hill. Was this was for some kind of maintenance and why could it not be done closer to home?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
A set of Anglia Mark 3s recently visited Neville Hill. Was this was for some kind of maintenance and why could it not be done closer to home?
It's been quite regular. Nowhere to do it. Bounds Green looks after a set daily already.

On Moderation
It's been quite regular. Nowhere to do it. Bounds Green looks after a set daily already.
Neville Hill is also an Abellio depot, which makes it a sensible choice, particularly as they have Mark 3 experience.

LowLevel

Established Member
Oh of course, EMR. I always thought it's HSTs where done there under contract.

EMR run the HST shed and do maintenance work for Cross Country, LNER and themselves. Northern run the other side of things maintaining their electric trains and some DMUs.

On Moderation
EMR run the HST shed and do maintenance work for Cross Country, LNER and themselves. Northern run the other side of things maintaining their electric trains and some DMUs.
Wheel lathe is Northern as well, I believe.

dk1

Veteran Member
Many thanks for that. I honestly thought the East Coast operator ran the IC side.

LowLevel

Established Member
Many thanks for that. I honestly thought the East Coast operator ran the IC side.

There is a proposal for the EMR depot to transfer to LNER at some point as EMR won't be using it anymore but we've not heard anything about it internally for a while now.

dk1

Veteran Member
There is a proposal for the EMR depot to transfer to LNER at some point as EMR won't be using it anymore but we've not heard anything about it internally for a while now.
Hope it all works out okay if you work there. Been very traumatic for some at Crown Point with all the changes with the onset of Stadler becoming the depot operator. Still not sure when or if that is actually going to fully happen.

JonathanH

Veteran Member

Presumably that would only be if LNER are to retain 91+Mk4 and take their maintenance in house. Otherwise it would be likely to transfer to Hitachi as LNER don't have an engineering function any more.

LowLevel

Established Member
Hope it all works out okay if you work there. Been very traumatic for some at Crown Point with all the changes with the onset of Stadler becoming the depot operator. Still not sure when or if that is actually going to fully happen.

Luckily I am a conductor elsewhere. I disagree greatly with robbing people of their pensions and travel facilities compared to people working in the same roles elsewhere.

dk1

Veteran Member
Luckily I am a conductor elsewhere. I disagree greatly with robbing people of their pensions and travel facilities compared to people working in the same roles elsewhere.
Oh most definitely agree & there's nothing they can do about it. Awful state of affairs.

Nh2014

Is there any information on who will take EMR's space at Neville hill? Surely would make sense for Northern to take on the whole depot?

Swimbar

I thought that the EMR/LNER HST's were to be Neville Hill based for at least 12 months?

57Tonic

I thought that the EMR/LNER HST's were to be Neville Hill based for at least 12 months?
I can’t see the point in swopping EMR HSTs for LNER ones and as we are fast running out of months, it would be March already if it wasn’t for a leap year, what’s the point.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I can’t see the point in swopping EMR HSTs for LNER ones and as we are fast running out of months, it would be March already if it wasn’t for a leap year, what’s the point.

Try saying that to someone in a wheelchair they can’t have a properly accessible toilet despite it being the law because it’s not worth swapping HST sets over so they’ll just have to wait another 8 months etc...

57Tonic

Try saying that to someone in a wheelchair they can’t have a properly accessible toilet despite it being the law because it’s not worth swapping HST sets over so they’ll just have to wait another 8 months etc...
I take your point, but that’s unfortunate but having got by for well over half a century I’m sere a few months will make no difference, but do the operators need to go to the expense of fitting information screens etc to all the coaches that are probably going for scrap after. And as they will be phased in one for one it will take some time to complete, and hit and miss for a red or blue train turning up.

On Moderation
I take your point, but that’s unfortunate but having got by for well over half a century I’m sere a few months will make no difference, but do the operators need to go to the expense of fitting information screens etc to all the coaches that are probably going for scrap after. And as they will be phased in one for one it will take some time to complete, and hit and miss for a red or blue train turning up.
Given that the cost of this is a significant 7-figure number, for a maximum of just 10 months use, I would seriously question that it is a worthwhile exercise. Has the all makings of another exercise in wasting taxpayers' money.

Status
Not open for further replies.