• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another customer took my Gold Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1

Was in an underground station recently, inserted Gold Card into ticket gate, got jammed. Went to grab gateline staffer, but by the time they opened the mechanism, my card was gone and another card (Return of an Off-Peak Z1 to Train station) was in the machine.

Ticket has been purchased using a credit card (X after cost). I have retained that.

Logged an incident with the BTP via their text service, they gave me a reference and told me to call.

Logged feedback with TFL requesting reimbursement for my replacement ticket, my single fare to the train station to get it replaced.

Obviously I should fully log the loss with BTP, but I don't want them wasting time on this (It's a > £2000 ticket), especially if the customer made an honest mistake and has handed the ticket into their local station.

How do you think I should proceed? Is there a way to check if the card has been handed in? How long will my provisional report remain with BTP before they close it / contact me if I want to proceed?

I understand the issue about getting a second replacement if a police report hasn't been filed (and issues even if one has been filed - so filing a report doesn't guarantee me that the TOC will replace it again if I lose it / have it stolen). Is the reference number provided by BTP (Usual date and incident number) enough to indicate I have advised them?

End station is outside of Z1-6, so my Gold card wouldn't be valid and also has automated gates (likely manned at the time the incident occurred).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westv

Established Member
If it had been me I wouldn't have moved an inch from the barrier until somone came to help.

A1

If it had been me I wouldn't have moved an inch from the barrier until somone came to help.

Not an option at the station involved due to the gate layout.

Where did you purchase the ticket from? Have you contacted the ticket office which sold it to you?

Yes, card has been replaced by the TOC (FGW) and I've filled out the replacement card form etc with the facts of what happened.

Waiting for TFL to give a feedback response. Also have logged a 'lost property' report with the TOC for the end station.

Note I'm trying to be deliberately vague with details, as I don't like TOCs and TFL etc being able to identify me.

Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
The ticket can't have gone. Just pushed further down the stack. And so you could surely have refused to go until someone retrieved it. At the very least it would need emptying at some point.

The problem you now have is that you've used your last life as it were. Have a problem now and you lose all your money - there's no second re-issue.

A1

The ticket can't have gone. Just pushed further down the stack. And so you could surely have refused to go until someone retrieved it. At the very least it would need emptying at some point.

The problem you now have is that you've used your last life as it were. Have a problem now and you lose all your money - there's no second re-issue.

That's not what happened. It slid via the 'conveyor' belt, but instead of ejecting, got stuck. Happens every now and again. Open up gate, open unit, retrieve.

Anyway, TFL negligence was the cause, and they will be paying.

father_jack

Did you get through the barrier ???

Inadvertant "tailgating" does occasionally happen given the speed some people go through, someone with a ticket due to be collected as their journey has finished will be expecting to get the ticket back will grab someone's season and keep walking.

A1

Did you get through the barrier ???

Inadvertant "tailgating" does occasionally happen given the speed some people go through, someone with a ticket due to be collected as their journey has finished will be expecting to get the ticket back will grab someone's season and keep walking.

No. Anyway, I have had no useful advice, I am deleting my membership here tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.