• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Northern £10 Rail Day Ranger - Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dragon

Having read the earlier thread by Strange6 on the Northern Rail £10 Day Ranger offerhttp://www.northernrail.org/march10 (the offer appeared in the Lancashire press) I asked Northern rail whether they would be doing the same deal for those of us who live East of the Pennines. Red Rose/White Rose etc !

NR confirmed that it is their intention to do the same deal in the Yorkshire press. They have not yet fixed the date of the promo as they are negotiating the final details, but I understand it will be well publicised at launch.

Will post further details when available. I'm guessing the promo could be with the same publisher, Johnson Press, so it's worth looking out for details in their papers.

The papers which Johnson Press publish in the Yorkshire are: - Yorkshire Post (which would be the obvious one for NR to go for), along with a whole host of weekly publications which are part of the Yorkshire Weekly Newspaper Group and Yorkshire Regional Newspapers.

Red Dragon

Tomorrow's trip - ILK to LEI via LDS and SHF (246 miles rtn) to see Leicester v Saracens, KO 3pm. Have fun.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

strange6

Established Member
Having read the earlier thread by Strange6 on the Northern Rail £10 Day Ranger offerhttp://www.northernrail.org/march10 (the offer appeared in the Lancashire press) I asked Northern rail whether they would be doing the same deal for those of us who live East of the Pennines. Red Rose/White Rose etc !

NR confirmed that it is their intention to do the same deal in the Yorkshire press. They have not yet fixed the date of the promo as they are negotiating the final details, but I understand it will be well publicised at launch.

Will post further details when available. I'm guessing the promo could be with the same publisher, Johnson Press, so it's worth looking out for details in their papers.

The papers which Johnson Press publish in the Yorkshire are: - Yorkshire Post (which would be the obvious one for NR to go for), along with a whole host of weekly publications which are part of the Yorkshire Weekly Newspaper Group and Yorkshire Regional Newspapers.

Red Dragon

Tomorrow's trip - ILK to LEI via LDS and SHF (246 miles rtn) to see Leicester v Saracens, KO 3pm. Have fun.

Well done that man! These are great value tickets so keep an eye out! :)

ashworth

Established Member
I wonder whether this offer will get in some of the North Nottinghamshire newspapers run by Johstone Press. The Worksop Guardian and Mansfield Chad and a number of others are part of this group.
Now that Northern run as far south as Nottingham in addition to the Sheffield to Lincoln route this would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.