• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Another Railway related music video.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

metrocammel

It's been a while since my last 'railway related music video / song' post, however, I've found another one; and quite an interesting one at that.

The song is 80s 'Industrial Electronic' band, Cabaret Voltaire's 'Yashar'. Here is the video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=T1fQZg2oVno .
Can anyone identify the railway station this is filmed on, and also the type of traction shown at least twice.... I know the station, but I'm only 95% certain on the traction...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theblackwatch

Established Member
As you probably expected, I'm the first to reply.... (actually, having taken time to watch the whole vid, I am second!)

The loco appears to be a 20 - freeze the video at around 1.36 or 1.38 and the cab is visible. I'm stuck with the station though, at first I thought it might be Manchester Mayfield but it clearly isn't!

mrcheek

Established Member
who cares what the loco or station is?
its great that somebody has finally posted a decent music video on here!!!!!

and judging by the band, the station has to be either Sheffield or Manchester

CraigS

Established Member
I'm fairly sure this one's on the Blubell: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1zU2rG-vrJE

I have a feeling it's at the Severn Valley Railway. The loco at 2:11 is Standard class 4 no. 75069, which is based at the Severn Valley Railway. The shed scene at the start looks a little like the Bluebell, however it could easily be Bridgnorth Shed, which is on the SVR. At 0:41, the loco to the left looks like a Bulleid Pacific (judging by the Boxpox wheels, which is a feature of the Bulleid Pacifics), so maybe that's 34027 Taw Valley, again, a SVR based engine.

Has anyone come across Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat? Found it this mornign whilst looking at the British Rail class 210 DEMU page on wikipedia. It's another Railway related music video, it features a class 210 DEMU, a HST and a Westen Region DMU. Looks like it's filmed between Reading and Paddington.

AlexS

Established Member
As you probably expected, I'm the first to reply.... (actually, having taken time to watch the whole vid, I am second!)

The loco appears to be a 20 - freeze the video at around 1.36 or 1.38 and the cab is visible. I'm stuck with the station though, at first I thought it might be Manchester Mayfield but it clearly isn't!

It's Sheffield Victoria - I think the loco is a class 76.

Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
It's Sheffield Victoria - I think the loco is a class 76.

Many thanks for the station info, I hadn't realised that Sheffield Victoria survived for so long after closure. I'm certain the loco is a 20 and not a 76 - the front it too flat and the top too rounded for a 76, plus they stopped running back in 1981.

metrocammel

Many thanks for the station info, I hadn't realised that Sheffield Victoria survived for so long after closure. I'm certain the loco is a 20 and not a 76 - the front it too flat and the top too rounded for a 76, plus they stopped running back in 1981.

Yes, it's deffo Sheffield Vic, but I am also convinced it's a 20 rather than a 76.

Has anyone come across Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat? Found it this mornign whilst looking at the British Rail class 210 DEMU page on wikipedia. It's another Railway related music video, it features a class 210 DEMU, a HST and a Westen Region DMU. Looks like it's filmed between Reading and Paddington.

lol!! I think it was me who updated the wiki page actually :P!! I was randomly watching the video, and worked out the 210 connection, and thought it warranted a mention on the wiki page! Afterall, it was a moment of fame for the otherwise forgotten '2nd gen DEMU'.

ungreat

Just watched it and it's most definately Sheffield Victoria,and 100% certain its a pair of 20's...I was sad enough to freeze frame it to make sure!

There's this one too which has a fair few views of Finsbury Park in it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-4A4UnFi2C8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.