• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anxiety medication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before i head down the doctors for some anti anxiety meds, does anyone on here know of any specific meds that might be offered but would allow me to continue working?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Tell your Doc that you are safety critical.

Also maybe speak to your control/Medicentre before hand as they may suggest one. I was recently recommended some medication by our Medicentre and the Doc was perfectly fine with prescribing it.

No it wasn't for Anxiety

Jonfun

Established Member
My personal opinion but...

Your health really should take priority over your work. If you need the medication you need the medication. You won't get any thanks from management if you have an accident/incident/assault etc which could be attributed to you being hell bent on working rather than taking some time off. Chain of care (supposedly) applies to health issues and life events not related to work as well.

Plenty of railway staff in every grade are on antidepressants, anti-anxiety meds, mood stabilisers... we all compare notes about our pills, therapies, NHS waiting lists etc at our place, though I concede that not every workplace will be quite that open!

Status
Not open for further replies.