• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any HSTs on Glasgow to Bristol route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

crosscity

Thunderer

Summer Saturday's are your best option assuming the timetable remains the same this year. There are normally 2 departures from Glasgow Central via Edinburgh and York on a Summer Saturday and they are:-
1V52 06:01 Glasgow Central - Paignton.
1V58 09:00 Glasgow Central - Penzance.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Answer is 'yes' from Glasgow Central but 'no' in the opposite direction. If you want to arrive in Bristol from Glasgow on a CC HST there are a couple of opportunities in the week changing at Edinburgh, or travel down the West Coast and pick one up from Birmingham New Street.
Yes TO Glasgow Central normally isn’t it?

Class 170101

Established Member
Summer Saturday's are your best option assuming the timetable remains the same this year. There are normally 2 departures from Glasgow Central via Edinburgh and York on a Summer Saturday and they are:-

The timetable might stay the same but surely rhe diagrams will be different now that they are maintained at Plymouth rather than Edinburgh now?

crosscity

Yes TO Glasgow Central normally isn’t it?
Yes/no is the answer to: "Are they still Voyagers?". I'm taking this to mean: "Are all the Cross Country services at Glasgow Central operated by Voyagers?".
From Glasgow=Yes (they are all Voyagers)
To Glasgow=No because 1S51 1225 Plymouth to Glasgow Central is an HST which is meant to run seven days a week.

crosscity

The timetable might stay the same but surely rhe diagrams will be different now that they are maintained at Plymouth rather than Edinburgh now?
I thought that last year when the maintenance was moved to Plymouth, but it appears not to be true. Apparently the business requires the extra HST capacity to cover the morning peak into Leeds and Sheffield so the diagrams are similar to before.

route101

Established Member
1225 from Plymouth to Glasgow is year round HST.
Summer saturdays services to Bristol.

route101

Established Member
Answer is 'yes' from Glasgow Central but 'no' in the opposite direction. If you want to arrive in Bristol from Glasgow on a CC HST there are a couple of opportunities in the week changing at Edinburgh, or travel down the West Coast and pick one up from Birmingham New Street.

1308 from Edinburgh is HST ? Was Voyager last time.

Established Member
I wouldn't take that as a given this year.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
1V50 at 0606 but I don't think there is a connection from Glasgow for it.

not at Edinburgh - first inbound from Glasgow is an 0630 arrival - you can connect at New Street via the 0549 from Glasgow. I have done it for work.

( if you are an iron man you could try the 0630 from Glasgow changing at Carlisle & Wolverhampton)

Class 170101

Established Member
You mean the same as last year? :rolleyes:

The Timetable yes, the unit diagrams no.

However...
I thought that last year when the maintenance was moved to Plymouth, but it appears not to be true. Apparently the business requires the extra HST capacity to cover the morning peak into Leeds and Sheffield so the diagrams are similar to before.

Which means extra moves Thursday afternoon from Plymouth and Monday morning to get them back south to Plymouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.