• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any open days at Underground depot's this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
going to acton works on the 7th march 2009, hopefully geting the 4am megabus service from Cardiff, most likely have a trip around london, using my oyster card which i have never used before.

if anyone is going to acton works, parts of the underground including the circle line are suspended

Tubeboy

There is an open day at Upminster Depot on the 31st August, should be fun as there is no District line beyond Barking that day because of track work.

Aictos

Established Member
There is an open day at Upminster Depot on the 31st August, should be fun as there is no District line beyond Barking that day because of track work.

Interesting, have you a link so I can find out more/

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ooh, never done an open day of any variety on the Tube, so that could be interesting.

*Adds another event to consider attending to the very long list*

Phoenix

Established Member
Ooh, never done an open day of any variety on the Tube, so that could be interesting.

*Adds another event to consider attending to the very long list*

It is definatly worth the trip as rateable traction on the Tube is an experience that doesn't come along all to often plus if you get on the Sarah Siddons and class 20 combo there will be some decent speed.

fgwrich

Established Member
It is definatly worth the trip as rateable traction on the Tube is an experience that doesn't come along all to often plus if you get on the Sarah Siddons and class 20 combo there will be some decent speed.

Sorry for digging up a semi old thread here but does anyone have anymore info about the open weekend up at upminster? still cant find much about it and you know, i actually only found out about it today from my fathers rcts magazine:roll:

as for the Sarah Siddons runs...theyre pretty good when they run...though i remember last september more becasue i could here the wheelflats from the TC set more than the 20 ! though thats being sorted out later in the year...

Though at present, it appears that the run on the 13th of september is currently off - due to Engineering works...

Tubeboy

Its going ahead on the 29/30 August. The 1938 stock will be there, as will Sarah Siddons and an S Stock mock up.

Vintage bus shuttle from Upminster station to the depot. Remember, no District line Barking-Upminster, either use the replacement bus or C2C from Fenchurch St or Barking. Will be open 1000-1700 [Last entry is at 1600]

£10 for adults, concessions £5. Senior citizens and freedom passes are free. Accompanied U16s are free. Bizzarely, if you book tickets in advance it is subject to a 15% admin fee. You can buy tickets on the day too.

Reddog785

Any news on a 1938 stock tour or even Sarah Siddons again?

The 1938 Tube Stock will run near the Rickmansworth and Amersham area of the Metropolitan line in September. Check the London Transport Museum website.

busman100

Hi,

as you guys can probably see im a newbie, i am a huge underground buff, but still learning lol, i have only just found this forum and the details of the open day at upminster. I gather a depot open day is very rare? is it likely that any more may happen in the near future??

Also, are the acton open days regular or are they special events too?? any help would be most greatfully appreciated, thanks

Daniel

Established Member
Acton is, as far as I recall, a yearly event.

Actual depot open days are quite unusual, I believe Upminster are using the fact theres a possession to their advantage!

anthony263

Established Member
Hi,

as you guys can probably see im a newbie, i am a huge underground buff, but still learning lol, i have only just found this forum and the details of the open day at upminster. I gather a depot open day is very rare? is it likely that any more may happen in the near future??

Also, are the acton open days regular or are they special events too?? any help would be most greatfully appreciated, thanks

well i know there is a open day at the lul upminster depot, although you can only use the c2c servie to upminster due to no lul trains runing because of engineering works.

the next acton depot open day in in october.

MCR247

Established Member
well i know there is a open day at the lul upminster depot, although you can only use the c2c servie to upminster due to no lul trains runing because of engineering works.

the next acton depot open day in in october.

actually, you can use NXEA aswell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.