• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any other good freight stations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwnl

Are there any good stations up North for Freight trains other than Doncaster and Warrington Bank Quay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

imagination

Carlisle perhaps?

Don't all shout at once if that is a stupid suggestion lol. Going from location of the station rather than from substantial knowledge of the goods traffic there.

96tommy

I have never been but Nuneaton and Tamworth always seem to be good places to go

mumrar

Established Member
In the west mids your best bets are Tamworth, Nuneaton and Water Orton. Nuneaton is quite hemmed in though and Tamworth has the inconvenience of being on two levels, then Water Orton the inconvenience of a rubbish service level.

mickey

I speak as a passenger not a spotter but Nuneaton must take every crown in the box - in ten minutes waiting for the Coventry train I once saw at least five container trains go through!

Otherwise Preston, which has the added bonus of being a Freightliner crew changeover point so you can get up close and personal with stopped heavy trains.

Status
Not open for further replies.