• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Any southeastern drivers or people that have had the manager interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc12345

Hi Guys

I have recently passed my assessment for southeastern and I am awaiting a date for my manager interview.
I was after two things if possible
Any information relating to the manager interview regarding topics ,questions senarios etc ?
Any drivers that could tell me a bit about their average working week regarding hours , shift times and if at all possible their average take home after stoppages and pension etc
Like I said I have just passed the assessment so if there is anyone who needs any info about that please ask.
Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Any drivers that could tell me a bit about their average working week regarding hours , shift times and if at all possible their average take home after stoppages and pension etc

Those are excellent questions to ask in your interview.

nc12345

True . Would rather go prepared so any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

ComUtoR

Established Member
Go in prepared by dressing smart, being on time and aware of what we do and where we go. Get a good nights sleep beforehand and sort any nervousness out before you get there.

Get all your questions written down and let the interviewer speak. You will be given the chance to ask questions and I assume that most information will be told to you.

Knowing everything beforehand defeats the purpose of the interview and can make them rather stale. Interact with the interviewer, it makes for a better interview.

The questions you asked are usually in the job description and if you look down thread then you can see what Southeastern posted recently. It is information you should have already. Remuneration you should already know and it can be a difficult question to broach in an interview as you should be asking about the job and duties etc rather than about the money. Especially when its posted in the job advert.

Good luck with it.

Twedds74

Hi nc12345,
Can I just ask which vacancy you did the assessments for?
I have recently applied for the Orpington jobs and as yet have had no reply, and have already passed the assessments with another TOC, so I'm hoping SE are just waiting to reply to me with a date for DMI.
Thanks again!

nc12345

Hi twedds
I was Orpington as well but it looks like they have put me on the slade green and Dartford list as I'm closer although I live 9 miles from Orpington.

Twedds74

Cheers nc12345,
Sounds promising then for me, maybe I'll call them this week to get an update then as I've had no reply since application, and SE are normally quick at rejection replies.

carlosf1983

Hi everyone,

I've passed my assessment in Jan 2015, so 1 year ago. So far I haven't heard anything from Southeastern. I've emailed them a few times and always got the same answer back, telling me that my assessment was for future vacancies. Should I be worried ? Does the assessment result expire?

Many thanks

nc12345

Hi Carlos

That's a long time but I have heard they it can be an extremely long process! Is that the only feed back they give you and do you live close enough to a specific depot ?

carlosf1983

I think so as well nc12345...

That was the only reply. Originally I've applied to Victoria Station. However I've recently moved to Gravesend, Kent, so I emailed them asking to be consider for a position in Dartford, if possible...

Not sure if that made things worse... So really wondering if this wait was normal...

Thanks for the reply

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.