• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone for 141 bashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
I never thought I'd say this... but... yes! I'd love to ride a Pacer :D

Craig

Established Member
Yeah, I might have trip down before the 37s start operating services. I'll post some photos if I do.

Coxster

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
DAMN!!!!!!! Why does this happen while Im in the US, anyway, how was it?
It's only 09:58 - I doubt he has even arrived yet!

Craig

Established Member
There was a slight bit of sarcasm (surprisingly for me ;)) when I said I'd be having a hellfire bash followed by an overnighter...

I'll probably be going down one weekend as I work during the week and I can't really justify taking a day off to see a 141.

Guinness

Established Member
It's only a Pacer all. Shame that Weardale couldn't run a 101 or something nicer rather than some Pacer that really should be scrapped.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Chaz said:
It's only a Pacer all. Shame that Weardale couldn't run a 101 or something nicer rather than some Pacer that really should be scrapped.

Nah everything has a place, it's just that some things (Class 101, Class 127, etc) look far nicer than other things (Class 140, Class 141, etc)

It's like saying an LNER A4 has more prominence in the national collection over a little J94, when really, the J94 was a far more prominent workhorse and although not as aesthetically pleasing as an A4 or bigger locomotive, is far more suited to the needs of a line today than an A4.

But yes Chaz, a Class 141 is ****e.

Nick

Well done Weardale for getting back into running a service, even if the traction is a 141, all things start small. I think it is far better to make some money out of the Summer season then wait for the 37 and the stock to be returned to service :)

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Jamie said:
Nah everything has a place, it's just that some things (Class 101, Class 127, etc) look far nicer than other things (Class 140, Class 141, etc)

It's like saying an LNER A4 has more prominence in the national collection over a little J94, when really, the J94 was a far more prominent workhorse and although not as aesthetically pleasing as an A4 or bigger locomotive, is far more suited to the needs of a line today than an A4.

But yes Chaz, a Class 141 is ****e.

Please will you do me a favour, and take all of FGW's 143s, and Northern's 142/3/4 s, and place them on this railway?

(And then replace the 142/3/4's with 37+mk1s) - Passengers would still notice a hugely improve ride quality

Guinness

Established Member
voyagerdude220 said:
(And then replace the 142/3/4's with 37+mk1s) - Passengers would still notice a hugely improve ride quality

And a huge difference in journey times. ;)
[EDIT]
Nick said:
Well done Weardale for getting back into running a service, even if the traction is a 141, all things start small. I think it is far better to make some money out of the Summer season then wait for the 37 and the stock to be returned to service :)

Aye. Their 141 doesn't look that Bad TBH. Nice Brown Liverly suits it well. See Railway Herald for a picture. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.