• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Anyone worked for Arriva At Seat Catering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWTH

Looking on Arriva's careers site there are vacancies for Catering Stewards, whilst I'm aware the pay isn't the best and the employment conditions are different, are they any good to work for? I'm looking at it as a foot in the door, so to speak.

The pay is £7.28ph plus commission - anybody here know what the commission is and what the OTE is?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I wouldn't want to work for them, it's a way in I guess, if anything goes missing off of your trolley you're expected to pay for it. Company itself only has enough cash in the accounts to pay the wages.

Established Member
It may be diabolical, but it's a foot in the door that many of us have used.

SWTH

Much the same as bus driving then - if takings don't match whats been sold, the employee makes up the shortfall out of their own pocket. I can live with that.

red2005

It's a fantastic way in!!do not let anyone tell you otherwise!!they are dealing with the same passengers that the guards do!(assuming that's the position you want) I know 3 at seat stewards that in the past 3 weeks all gained guards jobs!if you want the job bad enough you'll do what it takes!

Good luck matey

lazzybugger

Couldn't agree with glenn any more, I worked for at seat for 2.5 years, I'm now going to be a guard... It's a fantastic opportunity!

I can name at least 9 people off the top of my head that have progressed from ASC to train crew (guards) in the last few years but the number is probably far higher than that. It's not a job I'd like to do personally but is certainly a foot in the door. As for commission, it's based on your sales so the more you sell the more you earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.