• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

AOL Disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Reading tubechallenger's post about PC going up the shoot reminded me of these things....

I used to get AOL and Freeserve disks daily at one point, but all of a sudden they both stopped sending them.

Do AOL Still do that? Or did they just get the message when I began returning Freeserve disks to them :lol:

Now i've posted this I'll probably come home monday to a mountain of the things on the door mat!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Perhaps AOL have got enough gullible lusers utilising their services ;).

Darren

Havent PC World now teamed up with AOL or something as well?? Must be getting their new users that way as I dont think i've seen an AOL ad on TV for ages either (either that or i've become immune to ads)

David

Established Member
Darren said:
I dont think i've seen an AOL ad on TV for ages either (either that or i've become immune to ads)

Funny you should mention that. I can't recall an AOL ad in ages either. But either way, I'll stick to NTL. they gave me a free upgrade from 300k to 750k not so long back :P

Dave A

Harry Potter said:
Darren said:
I dont think i've seen an AOL ad on TV for ages either (either that or i've become immune to ads)

But either way, I'll stick to NTL. they gave me a free upgrade from 300k to 750k not so long back :P

Whoopee. BT Broadband gave me a free 1MB to 2MB upgrade (soon to be 4MB, for free) and a new modem :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P :P :P :P :P

Ben

Darren

yes they have teamed up with PCWorld i had to watch three AOL presentations when i set my PC up

Harry Potter

they gave me an upgrade to 1MBPS

there upgrading all there customers

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
tesco is supposedly upgrading me to a meg sometime this summer..... well they haven't done it yet! (tesco.net is run by ntl btw)

Guinness

Established Member
TPE said:
Darren

Harry Potter

they gave me an upgrade to 1MBPS

I was on NTL 300k for a while until I rang up and asked for an upgrade to 1MB. (I don't use a modem, I use a Set Top Box). :)

Ben

same here

an NTL engineer i know they're upgrading all customers to 1MEG for free whether using a box or modem

KevinR

HSTfan!!! said:
shame about the aol disc's - made useful coasters!

The only thing they are good for. Was with AOL a few years back, and the service was awful.. I doubt much has changed really.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
KevinR said:
HSTfan!!! said:
shame about the aol disc's - made useful coasters!

The only thing they are good for. Was with AOL a few years back, and the service was awful.. I doubt much has changed really.

lol same goes for freeserve/wanadoo, they convinced me to go broadband then just messed us around - we never did get broadband with them!

KevinR

Lol yea.. I've been on broadband with Blueyonder for several years now, and overall, I can say that I'm happy with the service... was quite a difference, as it was Blueyonder I went to after ditching AOL.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I was on Blueyonder 512kb, now theyve given customers a free upgrade to the naxt speed, so now I have 1MB broadband :)

Status
Not open for further replies.