• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apple does it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
I just watched this all the way through, getting really excited, but almost regretting buying the MacBook if this was soon to be out...

:(

Nick W

Established Member
Here's the real thing:

m1200420839.jpg

devon_metro

Established Member
Don't think i'll bother. They still havn't invested in a less boring person to present the tour of it I notice!

Edit: "John"

Turbostar

Yeh, it looks good, but the thinner they get, the more easily they are prone to get damaged in some way, & then leave you with a hefty bill to get it fixed.

T

Tom

I somehow suspect the Air isn't designed for people who will be lugging it around nearly constantly doing heavy work.

It's more designed for business execs.

Beaker

Established Member
People who do heavy work such as building , road works , engineers etc are nearly always seen with the spanners and laptop combination....

T

Tom

Says the expert who has never used an Apple laptop! ;)

And for Beaker, most builders use a more rugged laptop.... the Toughbooks come to mind.

T

Tom

I do believe theres photo proof of me using such a horrid thing. Also I've used it before that so...

OK I'll rephrase - says the expert who has never used an Apple laptop for longer than at maximum 4 hours and has only used it on Windows because they're a vegetable.

Also - this person says Apple is rubbish yet had an iPod. :lol: :lol: Suits you sir!

class 313

Established Member
OK I'll rephrase - says the expert who has never used an Apple laptop for longer than at maximum 4 hours and has only used it on Windows because they're a vegetable.

Also - this person says Apple is rubbish yet had an iPod. :lol: :lol: Suits you sir!

You don't know my life's ins and outs since I was born so I beg to differ.

And you may remember I constantly moaned about it so its now in Warm Store.

T

Tom

You don't know my life's ins and outs since I was born so I beg to differ.

And you may remember I constantly moaned about it so its now in Warm Store.

But Loader, you hate Apple so much, why haven't you thrown it out? ;)

Still - you've never used Leopard or anything Apple computing related since that release so how are you qualified to comment about how good the Air is? :)

devon_metro

Established Member
You have already finished my first part of this post. Getting excited over an Apple is something to be worried about.

But I'm failing to see what Apple have done again. Another overpised laptop.

Have to agree, Apple products seem to be very expensive and the average consumer would simply get a Windows laptop (i'd get that if it didn't nearly obliterate my bank account)

:lol: :lol: Suits you sir!

Enough with the classic comedy catchphrases :lol:

Warm Store.

Does it have its own place in TOPs :lol: :lol:

Beaker

Established Member
I didnt know there was a qualification in '' Apple Products'', Whats the difference in this new fangled thing apart from the size ?

T

Tom

Have to agree, Apple products seem to be very expensive and the average consumer would simply get a Windows laptop (i'd get that if it didn't nearly obliterate my bank account)
Apple look out for ease of use, whereas Windows like to overload you with information.
Enough with the classic comedy catchphrases :lol:
Yabbadabbadoo.........
I didnt know there was a qualification in '' Apple Products'', Whats the difference in this new fangled thing apart from the size ?
Apple are out to innovate, while providing quality products as well - and you pay for that. At least the products look rather nice rather than just a black slab which you get with Dell.

By the way everyone, Loader is failing to mention that his PC failed last night.... :lol:

Nick W

Established Member
£1,200 for less notebook. For £1,200 i want it to be massive!

By your flawed logic laptops should be cheaper then desktops.

People who do heavy work such as building , road works , engineers etc are nearly always seen with the spanners and laptop combination...

And a laptop in an anodized aluminium case instead of cheap plastic casing would serve them perfectly.

But I'm failing to see what Apple have done again
Made a laptop whose thickest part is thinner than the thinnest part on the competing Sony laptop?

Have to agree, Apple products seem to be very expensive and the average consumer would simply get a Windows laptop
Thatcherist Britain again - I bought the cheapest (windows) laptop on the market back in 2003 and it lasted just over two years before problems developped. Look how much money 2nd hand macbooks sell for!

Look outside on the road - is everyone driving cheap low-powered cars?

By the way everyone, Loader is failing to mention that his PC failed last night....
Sorry to hear that, when Loader comes round the "madhouse", he'll be be able to experience two working macs, one going on three years old which I have no intention of replacing till it's at least 4 or 5 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.