• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Application Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxy125

Evening all

I applied for the position on the 1st April, correspondance was extremely quick, i was requested to complete an online assessment. The next day i received feedback i had passed the bench mark and my application was still under consideration and i would recieve an update shortly.

Can anyone tell me how quick you usually hear back? The closing date isnt until the 14th april. Any feedback would be welcome

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
Evening. Vacancies will sometimes be closed before deadline date due to amount of interest. No guarantee to ex military personnel. It’s the boxes ticked when you apply that matters. There may be a delay due to social distancing. Some HR teams may be working from home and if any of them have to self isolate for the 12 weeks it will slow down an already slow process.

RHolmes

Evening all

I applied for the position on the 1st April, correspondance was extremely quick, i was requested to complete an online assessment. The next day i received feedback i had passed the bench mark and my application was still under consideration and i would recieve an update shortly.

Can anyone tell me how quick you usually hear back? The closing date isnt until the 14th april. I am ex military, are ex military guaranteed an interview? Any feedback would be welcome

Why would you be guaranteed an interview for being ex military? :s

It depends on the company and role, when I’ve applied to Northern based TOC’s, the exams have been fairly quickly but the next stages were months apart For the role I have, I applied and did online exams in July, interviews Jan/Feb, medical and job offer March.

oz220

Why would you be guaranteed an interview for being ex military? :s

some companies have an agreement in place where they encourage ex military to apply for positions. And the MoD actively try to help ex military into new jobs.

i believe the TOC I work for actively recruited ex-military for controller positions via the ex-military scheme.

Coxy125

Thank you for your replies. I have read certain companies guaranteed ex military interviews, the government being one of them. I know network rail fully support with assising ex military back into work.

RHolmes

Thank you for your replies. I have read certain companies guaranteed ex military interviews, the government being one of them. I know network rail fully support with assising ex military back into work.

I see, I assumed his was only a civil service initiative but it’d interesting that other companies have taken the same stance.

What position have you chosen to apply for?

Best of luck!

LOM

The NR ex military support scheme does not guarantee an interview. Whether that might change in the future I do not know.

Rhia

Evening all

Can anyone tell me how quick you usually hear back? The closing date isnt until the 14th april. Any feedback would be welcome
What TOC did you apply for ?

Tiz

I applied for the Signalling maintenance operative
I'm currently doing my resettlement from the Army and know that DB and GB rail Freight actively recruit ex mil. I've just passed interview and part of my tests with Northern, before the virus put it on hold.Northern did say they do also like to recruit ex mil but no guarantee for employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.