• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Application status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 1980

Hi has anyones status (deutsche bahn login) who has been accepted as a conductor changed since they got the position. I have had my medical (months ago) and got a confirmation email for August intake but on the website it says my application is at assessment stage. An error message pops up upon trying to click on the application. The northern careers page doesn't even recognise me as an applicant at all.
Perhaps naively I thought Id have had something through the post or at least a little more contact from them since being offered a role.
TIA Paul.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CreamNCookies

Hiya Paul,

I recently went through the application for Conductor with Northern, just out of curiosity, how long after you found you met the standard did you find out you were given a medical / course date?

If it means anything, mine still just says assessment even though I had good news from recruitment.

Paul 1980

A medical was arranged for me approximately 10 days after I had the call to say I was successful. Had the medical found out 2 weeks later I had passed. I had to call to find out. And then I received a start date a few days later. I am getting made redundant and so was put onto the August course otherwise I may have been able to start sooner. I did nt want to lose the redundancy package and the recruitment advisor seemed perfectly fine with that.

MickeyClass37

Hi Paul

I only had my med 2 weeks ago. Not heard anything as yet regarding official result,but doc said on the day all was good.
I'm down for Nov start,but was also hoping to be brought forward. Just wishful thinking a suppose.
My profile also says "Assessment"
Just telling myself to be patient and wait for HR to get in touch when they need to. Maybe a month before start date I will be getting in touch.

Paul 1980

Yes I guess its just a case of being patient. Which depot will you be working out of Mickey?

Fireless

The DB online career system can be a bit weird from time to time and it is possible that they have just forgotten to change the status.
Contact them and ask what's going on, if you are in doubt.

Monkeyfuzz

Paul, which depot are you?
I start in August, based hull but training Leeds. Had my contract last week

CreamNCookies

A medical was arranged for me approximately 10 days after I had the call to say I was successful. Had the medical found out 2 weeks later I had passed. I had to call to find out. And then I received a start date a few days later. I am getting made redundant and so was put onto the August course otherwise I may have been able to start sooner. I did nt want to lose the redundancy package and the recruitment advisor seemed perfectly fine with that.

Ahh thats ace.

Well im hoping I hear soon about a medical and course date soon.

It's a slow process, but I expected this. Never have I checked my emails so much :lol:

Paul 1980

Hi Monkey fuzz, I will be based at blackpool but I think a lot of the routes go through Lancaster which could be handy as that's where I live presently. Not too sure how it all works as yet obviously.
So you start in August too, maybe I ll get a contract through imminently then, fingers crossed, I shall be looking out for the postie :)

Cream & cookies, you ll be fine good luck to you on your new career!

Status
Not open for further replies.