• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Applied for Conductor Job at Manchester Vic and Piccadilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello people,
My very first post here. I had applied for the position of Conductor at Manchester Victoria and Piccadilly around Dec 2018. A few days later got a mail for the online assessment test. The Victoria job says "End of Process" and the Piccadilly says " Application in Process"
So my question is what does "End of Process" mean ? the Job is still available when I click on it but it tells me "You've already applied for it"

Can anyone please guide me ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

train_lover

I'd imagine they've progressed your Piccadilly application but declined your Victoria application. Some Tocs only allow 1 live application per role at a time. Whilst some allow multiple.

Trainguy90

I believe “end of process” means you are out of the race through not getting past the sift or the company pulling the vacancy but “Application in progress” pretty much is what it is and it’s still a waiting game

Stuschof9

I applied around the same time for both roles and went for an interview on Friday just gone, from what I can gather they are interviewing for both positions and allocating you at either of the stations

I applied around the same time for both roles and went for an interview on Friday just gone, from what I can gather they are interviewing for both positions and allocating you at either of the stations
Oh ok Thank you taking the time to answer.Your info was very helpful and atleast there's a bit of hope for me cause I thought I had struck out ...Thanks again

CharliePots

Hi, is this with Northern Rail? Can you tell me the application process, I’m at the online testing stage for the vacancy in Newcastle so a heads up would be much appreciated.

Stuschof9

Hi, is this with Northern Rail? Can you tell me the application process, I’m at the online testing stage for the vacancy in Newcastle so a heads up would be much appreciated.
Online testing and then invited for an interview and then medical after that if successful

IanR

I also applied for the Piccadilly Conductor position just before Christmas and did the online tests. I thought the Maths one was horrendous and probably did terribly even though I consider myself to be good at maths. My application still says 'application in progress' so basically I'm wondering if that would have changed to unsuccessful or if there's still hope. Bit odd if people have already been invited to interview. Wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Roy Wild

I also applied for the Piccadilly Conductor position just before Christmas and did the online tests. I thought the Maths one was horrendous and probably did terribly even though I consider myself to be good at maths. My application still says 'application in progress' so basically I'm wondering if that would have changed to unsuccessful or if there's still hope. Bit odd if people have already been invited to interview. Wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat. Thanks in advance
Hi mate I applied last week, did the online tests and got a phone call today inviting me for an interview on Thursday and if I'm successful a start on the 18th of Feb , she said they are looking at getting people in quickly

IanR

Hi mate I applied last week, did the online tests and got a phone call today inviting me for an interview on Thursday and if I'm successful a start on the 18th of Feb , she said they are looking at getting people in quickly
Cheers, I did hear back in the end by email and have an interview next Wednesday, so fingers crossed. Good luck for Thursday

Stuschof9

Good luck with the Interviews, I had mine a week ago and personally thought I had smashed it! Literally everything I answered the guy was like excellent that’s exactly what I was looking for, went home well confident only to get a rejection email 3 days later! Don’t know what I did wrong but hopefully you have more luck than I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.