• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Applying for multiple jobs / roles within Network Rail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mes007

I am considering applying for 2 signaller jobs within close proximity to one another, which I believe would have the same area manager as they are on the same line, would this be seen as a negative / desperate? or as a positive / keenness?
Id love to hear your thoughts / guidance, esp if you are a manager of any kind.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jackson2016

I applied for about 6 vacancies in my area, got interviewed for three.........I start work on Monday!

It didnt do me any harm.......good luck!

j4mes007

I applied for about 6 vacancies in my area, got interviewed for three.........I start work on Monday!

It didnt do me any harm.......good luck!

Was that with Network Rail? Did you get interviewed by the same manager at all? Congrats all so!

jackson2016

Yes it was NR, lots of applicants had applied for multiple roles.
I had the same interviewers for two of the roles, different one for the third.
I was told to apply for as many as I wanted, it is very common practice.

martin2345uk

Established Member
I recently applied for 2 signal boxes close to each other in Warrington and have been invited to an assessment centre, so no it's certainly not an issue :)

ivod555

Guys, where you applied for position? Almost always i can't find vacancies, but definitely started new workers.

TomBoyd

Guys, where you applied for position? Almost always i can't find vacancies, but definitely started new workers.

Wherever they applied, the only vacancies, and the only place to apply is via the Network Rail careers website. All the signaller jobs posted there are open to anyone, regardless of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.