• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apprentice Train Driver - Crosscountry - Multiple Locations (09/02/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said I was applying for the Birmingham position in my cover letter...wouldn’t let me choose anything bar Manchester on the initial application if I remember rightly.
Ah dam, I don't think I put it in there. Hopefully it's not the end of the world

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Glawsrfc

Same for me, I said in my cover letter which depot I was applying for and when I had my interview last week it was carried out by that Depot's manager and a Driver Manager.

Not sure they are going to manage the May date now as most people have a 4 week notice period and they are still interviewing. It will be interesting to see if they make the June date as a lot of people will still need to sit the OPC assessments if they get through the DMI before being offered anything.
Passed my assessments to enhanced including MMI for WMT in December ..so hopefully just be RAAT and DMI for me.

Passed my assessments to enhanced including MMI for WMT in December ..so hopefully just be RAAT and DMI for me.
Whatever dates they are aiming for.

PickleTree

Whatever dates they are aiming for.
I have also passed assessments to enhanced, I asked about this at my interview last week and they said they would check my results etc but that the OPC assessments was the next stage after the DMI for successful candidates. This will naturally slow things down a little to get all of those people through the tests.

Edinburgh1987

Congrats. Stay in the travel lodge opposite. It’s a long long day you don’t wanna be travelling down in the morning!
Great minds... I'm booked in, was only 30 bucks too. Any shouts for a scran the night before?

Congratulations on your progress to date. Do you mind if I ask if they're covering your travel costs?
Hi mate no which surprised be tbh! Luckily I get discounted travel or it could've been an expensive trip.

PickleTree

Great minds... I'm booked in, was only 30 bucks too. Any shouts for a scran the night before?

Hi mate no which surprised be tbh! Luckily I get discounted travel or it could've been an expensive trip.
Plenty of places to eat a stones throw from the hotel mate, just pop up the high street you will find plenty of Italians etc.

One tip, give yourself plenty of time in the morning to find the OPC building or do a reccy the night before because even putting it into maps on my phone I was lead on a wild goose chase and the signage on the outside of the building you need is not that clear and without looking closely there is no mention of the OPC being in there as it is a shared building. It is literally a 5 min walk away from the travel lodge so you will be fine but just a heads up. I found the hotel reception staff were very helpful and they pointed me straight to it after some initial frustration!

D Rivers

Go out of hotel, turn right and walk to the end. You’re now on the high street with all the restaurants and shops.
Opc building is also the same way, on the left before the end.

Glawsrfc

Has Anyone actually been able to get hold of XC HR who is still showing “application in process” on their profile Still??
I’ve emailed to an email address posted on this thread but with no reply.
So frustrating what with people progressing and you’ve not heard a peep from them.

Established Member
Has Anyone actually been able to get hold of XC HR who is still showing “application in process” on their profile Still??
So frustrating what with people progressing and you’ve not heard a peep from them.
Be patient. They'll contact you when they're ready.

I'm still "in progress" but I've sort of given up hope now as I originally was unable to attach an application letter as it was impossible on my IPAD to tell them that I am Ex Navy and, as an applicant for Bournemouth I am willing to relocate from Portsmouth. I only added it later after advice given earlier on this stream. I have, however, passed everything for Commercial Guard with SWR and am waiting for a start date with them so I'm pretty relaxed about this application. If I hear anything it will now be a nice surprise

PickleTree

Just got an email to say I have been unsuccessful on this occasion following my interview. Good luck to those still going through the process.

Jaxscc

Morning....I've just logged in to check my application status and the section is blank, nothing written there!.... Does this mean it's the 'end of process' for my application?

Signalgirl

Morning....I've just logged in to check my application status and the section is blank, nothing written there!.... Does this mean it's the 'end of process' for my application?

My application still says ‘application in process’. I haven’t heard anything since the initial email confirming my application. Maybe it’s just a glitch?

Fingers crossed we hear something one way or the other!

NorthernTech

Just got an email to say I have been unsuccessful on this occasion following my interview. Good luck to those still going through the process.
Sorry to read that, I’m very surprised though as you sounded very positive about it. Did you get the feeling that it had all gone smoothly or did they surprise you with any questions you weren’t expecting? Sorry to ask if it is a bit soon but always good to evaluate when it’s fresh in the mind as you never know what new advert may pop up.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.