• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Apps for rail services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc5203

Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help me.

My 4 year old son is train mad and I was wondering, is there an app or website where I can check any special services?

We live right next to the railway and we often get rail tours passing and he loves seeing them, especially the steam locos.

We would just like to know in advance so we can wait for them together to pass.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi Everyone,

I hope you can help me.

My 4 year old son is train mad and I was wondering, is there an app or website where I can check any special services?

We live right next to the railway and we often get rail tours passing and he loves seeing them, especially the steam locos.

We would just like to know in advance so we can wait for them together to pass.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about an app as such but this is a useful site that has timings for railtours that are running:

HST43257

Established Member
A combination of the 2 mentioned above is good. Railtour Info, or other pages like Railway Herald, can tell you well in advance what day the tour will run and what will haul it. Realtime Trains is good for checking the exact time of the tour in the few days leading up to it and seeing if it's on time etc on the day

Established Member
Thank you so much!
Traksy is very good too. That is a signalling map so you can see exactly where the trains are, very useful when my young nephew wants to see some trains at the barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.