• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are Avanti e-tickets proper e-tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Seeing the Amex offer in the special offers thread, I've been looking into the Avanti app. However, their website says of e-tickets 'must be activated before travel'. Also the screenshot on the website makes them look like horrible m-tickets. At the same time however, it mentions e-mail. Any idea what sort of tickets the Avanti app gives?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CheapAndNerdy

I've had a few e-tickets using the Avanti App and it was a simple Aztec code - no activation required. I just showed it on request and it was scanned. I don't know why activation is mentioned on the Avanti website. Maybe it actually means download to your device?

Vespa

Established Member
You can print it off so you won't have to worry about battery running down and you can print a spare just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.