• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are Class 376 diagrams on specific SE Metro routes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScotGG

Established Member
Given the 376s can carry more passengers is there a specific route they are allocated to? It can seem random on the Dartford and Hayes lines as to whether a 376 or 465/466 appears.

Are the 376s allocated to the busiest lines or services - and out of interest what is busiest out of the three Dartford and Hayes lines?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

urpert

Essendine or between Étaples and Rang-du-Fliers
Non-scientific observation as a now daily user of the Hayes line suggests they are more common on the Cannon St turns, but I'd agree that there doesn't seem to be any great logic to it.

In rush hour I much prefer it when a 376 turns up. They actually have proper standing space.

bionic

You'll basically see them on any metro work except into Vic as the 8 car platforms mean no double sets and 5 cars have to go down to the 8 car monitors at most locations meaning extended dwells while people walk up to where the train has stopped. That's not to say they can't go into Vic.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Not generally no - there's a lot of integrated stock working between Dartford / Hayes & Gravesend so they end up all over the place throughout the day. Cannon St probably gets marginally more In the off-peak to Charing Cross a Hayes inbound service will form a Dartford via Bexleyheath back out and vice versa.

Seeing as you can make a 12 car out of 3x465 units but only a 10 car 5x376, actually the max 376 holds slightly less than a 465.

As for the busiest line, depends whether you mean pax numbers or service frequency.

ScotGG

Established Member
Yep I know about those routes and was wondering about Hayes and the three Dartford routes. So no one thinks there's specific diagrams that run on busiest services/lines each day/morning?

Someone must know what the busiest of the three Dartford lines?

MotCO

Established Member
Is it also complicated by cross-workings? Don't some trains come in from Orpington, say, and go back out to Dartford? I'm sure they used to, but is it still the case?

bionic

Is it also complicated by cross-workings? Don't some trains come in from Orpington, say, and go back out to Dartford? I'm sure they used to, but is it still the case?

Yes that is the case. It's pretty easy to follow these patterns on Real Time Trains. Pretty much all the metro is interworked between Hayes and the Dartfords/rounders. Vic stuff and Charing Cross - Sevenoaks tends to be separate diagrams where units keep to the same routes all day. There are always exceptions to this though.

376s have run on the CHX Sevenoaks line but the rail users group down there complained I believe and they went back to networkers.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Yep I know about those routes and was wondering about Hayes and the three Dartford routes. So no one thinks there's specific diagrams that run on busiest services/lines each day/morning?

Someone must know what the busiest of the three Dartford lines?
Again how do you want to define "busiest"?

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Sevenoaks to Charing Cross don't crosswork. Orpington to Cannon Street crosswork with Hayes services
At Charing Cross the crossworking is between Hayes with Darford (Bexleyheath) and also Gravesend with other Dartford services

Last edited:

ComUtoR

Established Member
Sevenoaks to Charing Cross don't crosswork. Orpington to Cannon Street crosswork with Hayes services
At Charing Cross the crossworking is between Hayes with Darford (Bexleyheath) and also Gravesend with other Dartford services

Whist this is the first time I have heard the phrase 'crossworking' I have found a few services that Go 'Sevenoaks > Cross > Dartford' or 'Orpington > Cross > Dartford' or 'Orpington > Cross > Hayes'

Specifically for a 376

Orpington > Cross > Hayes > Cross > Dartford
Orpington > Cross > Dartford

using PIXC

PIXC ?

Kite159

Veteran Member
Whist this is the first time I have heard the phrase 'crossworking' I have found a few services that Go 'Sevenoaks > Cross > Dartford' or 'Orpington > Cross > Dartford' or 'Orpington > Cross > Hayes'

Specifically for a 376

PIXC ?

Passengers in excess of capacity

The number of standard class passengers on a service that are in excess of the standard class capacity. It is the difference between the standard class critical load and the standard class capacity, or zero if the critical load is within the capacity.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Cheers, Danke, Gracias, Merci, Dzieki, Takk fyrir, Ta :)

ComUtoR

Established Member
Is that the ECS that then runs empty to Hayes?

Arrives in service from Barnehurst then goes into Grosvenor Shed. Not sure about anything that runs to Hayes from Vic.

2C54
Dartford 16.55
Charing Cross 17.44

2N20
Charing Cross 17.53
Barnehurst 18.49

2U98
Barnehurst 18.52
Victoria 19.31

ComUtoR

Established Member
Vic to Hayes
5V08 (Networker)
5V12 (Networker)

Hayes to Vic
5U64 (Not a clue)
5U66 (Networker)

Kite159

Veteran Member
Arrives in service from Barnehurst then goes into Grosvenor Shed. Not sure about anything that runs to Hayes from Vic.

2C54
Dartford 16.55
Charing Cross 17.44

2N20
Charing Cross 17.53
Barnehurst 18.49

2U98
Barnehurst 18.52
Victoria 19.31

*adds to list of things to do within London, merely for a novelty factor of a 376 towards Victoria*

I see it gets around the shorter platforms between Lewiham & Victoria by running non-stop.

-----

Edit, looked a bit strange at Victoria!

Last edited:

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

Specifically for a 376

PIXC ?

Well that might just be a phraseology thing then! Yes in the peak there's all sorts of movements across the metro routes, I was more discussing the off-peak timetable.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers

2C54
Dartford 16.55
Charing Cross 17.44

2N20
Charing Cross 17.53
Barnehurst 18.49

2U98
Barnehurst 18.52
Victoria 19.31

Goes empty into the sidings. There's no 376 passenger working from Victoria. I reckon this 376 is on the circuit which froms 5L90 the following morning.

Terry Tait

Have 376s ever made it out to long distance services? for example in times of disruption.

bionic

Have 376s ever made it out to long distance services? for example in times of disruption.

They regularly go to Ramsgate empties for servicing but don't think they are allowed past Gravesend or Sevenoaks with passengers on due to lack of toilets. Ironic when you consider SE were routinely running 465s and 375s with no working toilets the other year!

Status
Not open for further replies.