• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are day rover tickets 24hr or on one date only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Until 0229 the next day I should think with the exception of breaking one's journey overnight iirc

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
With some tickets if you cannot complete the journey in a day, you can break your journey overnight and resume the next day, however I don't think this applies to Rover or Day Ranger tickets.

By definition, Rovers are more than 24 hours as they are multi-day tickets valid for at least 3 days and count as 'Seasons' for the purposes of Condition 19 of the National Rail Conditions of Carriage.

Day Rangers are only valid for one day. The railway ticketing day ends at 0429.

(There are some Day Rangers that are erroneously called Rovers, such as the West Yorkshire Metro Day Rover. They should be called Day Rangers)

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
With some tickets if you cannot complete the journey in a day, you can break your journey overnight and resume the next day, however I don't think this applies to Rover or Day Ranger tickets.

I agree. The overnight BoJ doesn't apply to any Day tickets I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.