• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are there any rail 'scrappage schemes' available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksmithyton

On Moderation
My fiancé will be returning to work next month, however I am now permanently working from home so only need one car between us. Mine is at the moment SORN'd and probably wouldn't pass an MOT anyway, are there any schemes available where you can obtain a rail season ticket in return for scrapping your car? I did have a look but my Google-fu has failed me.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
My fiancé will be returning to work next month, however I am now permanently working from home so only need one car between us. Mine is at the moment SORN'd and probably wouldn't pass an MOT anyway, are there any schemes available where you can obtain a rail season ticket in return for scrapping your car? I did have a look but my Google-fu has failed me.
No...

Non Multi

There's that pilot scheme being trialled soon in Coventry, that will offer residents up to £3k 'in credit' in exchange for their car, whatever that means. I think the pilot scheme undervalues the usefulness of a car, but that's just my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.