• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are TPE seat reservations back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

route101

Established Member
Using TPE 397 from Glasgow tomorrow and wondering if the seat reservations are back?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kermit

Not for Edinburgh to Manchester tomorrow, apparently. Which, I think, is a good thing, I have always hated the restriction of seat reservations, along with the inevitable "excuse me I think you're in my seat" conflicts, each one with the potential to blow up into something nasty. So, hurrah for Covid!

route101

Established Member
Not for Edinburgh to Manchester tomorrow, apparently. Which, I think, is a good thing, I have always hated the restriction of seat reservations, along with the inevitable "excuse me I think you're in my seat" conflicts, each one with the potential to blow up into something nasty. So, hurrah for Covid!

I see, i will be on a walk up ticket so prefer no seat reservations. Just get to the train early , though with TPE at Glasgow, they only open the doors a few minutes before departure.

Huntergreed

Established Member
Associate Staff
Events Co-ordinator
Came up in a 397 today, got issued a reservation, but no seat on it, just a guarantee for a seat which I could choose onboard, although the conductor did ask to use window seats only, which was both complied with and ignored in different balances depending on the carriage.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Last time i was on TPE i had a reserved seat but no allocated seat if that makes sense. Each available seat was marked with card with a green tick and i could sit in any unoccupied seat.

route101

Established Member
Two passengers came on and were looking for their reserved seats , so not sure who issued them. I just had a counted space reservation on off peak return.

Status
Not open for further replies.