• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Are TPE's new AT300s like Crossrail with black ends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail.Fan

I ask this because of the recent pictures of TPE's intercity livery which include black ends instead of yellow.

branded-hitachi-2.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Any train with a black end is 'like' any other train with a black end. I don't really see what you are asking about.

Otherwise one is a Hitachi 125 mph long distance train, and one is a 90 mph Metro train, so they aren't really like each other at all.

Another possibility is that you think if the front is no longer yellow it will always be black? This is not the case either.

starfury

I thought the OP was quite clear. I understood that they were asking whether the AT300s for TPE, in common with the new Crossrail stock, would have black ends.

The answer is, I think, that no one knows for sure yet. It's now possible to have trains with a different colour end to yellow, assuming it meets other characteristics (the correct lights, I think). I imagine the mock ups with black ends implies that this is the preference, however there might be reluctance in TPE to be the first TOC to make this change, especially if there is likely to be any objection (from, for example, staff or unions should they believe the change to impact safety).

AM9

Veteran Member
By the end of their first summer in service they will be black'ish with dead flies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.