• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Argument between two drivers escalates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
This sounds rather extreme, if what the eyewitness claims is factual. Of course it could be that the rear driver did indeed get back in their cab in a rage, but hadn't intended the vehicle to move forward in this manner.

Source: https://www.mylondon.news/news/london-bus-driver-smashes-bus-21646484

London bus driver smashes into bus after 'heated row' over timetables

An eyewitness reported one driver smashing his vehicle straight into the one in front

Two buses crashed into one another this afternoon (September 22) after an argument over timetabling issues. escalated

Two drivers had a row that turned violent in Southall, West London, after which one of them drove his double-decker straight into the back of the other, according to an eyewitness.

The eyewitness who lives across the road from the bus stop in Avenue Road, Southall, reported seeing two buses parked one behind the other about 3pm before the two drivers jumped out and inexplicably started a shouting match that went on for 10 minutes.

A video from UB1UB2TV shows the aftermath of the crash, with bemused witnesses wondering what was happening.

Gil Mandeep, who lives in Cambridge Road, said normally it’s a place buses just park up for the drivers to rest. But this time the pair decided to throw insults and expletives instead.

Mr Mandeep said they appeared to be arguing about the timetable and why one of the buses was still there when it should have moved off.

Seconds later, the rear driver got back in his cab and his bus smashed into the one in front, cracking up the windscreen and front bodywork of the rear bus.

“I could really hear them shouting at each other, they were raging,” said Mr Mandeep.

“Normally they park up here for a rest. The damage was really bad. The front of the bus was all gone.,

“There was petrol spilt into the road so the fire brigade turned up.

“I don’t know if it was a genuine accident or if he ploughed into him out of rage.

“He seemed to be saying to the other driver that he should have moved off ages ago

“I couldn’t believe it, there was this massive loud bang. Bus drivers are normally sensible. You don’t expect that from professional people who are representing a brand."

Police arrived on the scene and the eyewitnesses said the drivers were given alcohol breath tests before being led away in police cars.

1632423386346.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mb88

I wouldn’t believe a single thing I read in myLondon to be fair.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If that's true then the driver of that bus should lose their license to drive any vehicle for a very long period of time.

CN04NRJ

Established Member
Why do I feel like i've seen more photos of Borismasters smashed up than I have in one piece? :lol:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
If that's true then the driver of that bus should lose their license to drive any vehicle for a very long period of time.

I suspect it is partially true, i.e. the ramming was not deliberate but as a result of knocking or misjudging something due to being in a mood from the argument. The rear bus does seem to have started to pull out which would suggest no intention to hit the front one.

Either way, I suspect, disreputable small operators possibly aside, at least one of the two will not just be looking for a new job but an entire new career.

LUYMun

It should be noted that since the NBfL is hybrid diesel-electric, one wonders how the eyewitness claimed that petrol was spilt into the road.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
It should be noted that since the NBfL is hybrid diesel-electric, one wonders how the eyewitness claimed that petrol was spilt into the road.
The eyewitness could have seen fuel spilled and said it was petrol without necessarily knowing it was diesel. If they don't drive themselves they're not going to know. :rolleyes:

Unstoppable

On Moderation
The photo clearly shows the vehicle had a hard lock on to move out backing up the fact this wasn't intentional. Complete nonsense from the unqualified public as per

Typhoon

Established Member
The photo clearly shows the vehicle had a hard lock on to move out backing up the fact this wasn't intentional. Complete nonsense from the unqualified public as per
From the member of the public:
“I don’t know if it was a genuine accident or if he ploughed into him out of rage.
Someone has shoved a microphone in front of his face and forcefully asked what happened. It's happened to me (but it wasn't a forceful request) about a new supermarket development. Even a grump like me will often answer. No idea whether it was used, probably loads of ums and ers. You are not expecting it so blurt out some sort of response. Interviewer may be just some employee of a local news gathering service (I guess UB1, UB2 indicate the area they mainly operate in) who see the opportunity to sell a story to a large agency/ newspaper. Used the term 'petrol' in a generic sense of fuel used for a motor vehicle. To be honest I reckon a fair few car drivers would have said 'petrol'.
Additionally, no one knows if others were interviewed but their response was rather less dramatic so not used. The media wants a story, they got it.

Established Member
I suspect it is partially true, i.e. the ramming was not deliberate but as a result of knocking or misjudging something due to being in a mood from the argument. The rear bus does seem to have started to pull out which would suggest no intention to hit the front one.

Either way, I suspect, disreputable small operators possibly aside, at least one of the two will not just be looking for a new job but an entire new career.

To be honest minus all the conjecture about a shouting match (which, even if it did happen, doesn’t seem to have taken place when the buses were in passenger service), doesn’t this really just boil down to the driver of the rear bus making an error? I assume the consequences of this would depend on that driver’s previous record.

It’s terrible that we live in an age when such a minor occurrence as this can end up being filmed and trumped up onto a non story by a local rag of a newspaper.

Darandio

Established Member

Strange response. I suppose any random eyewitness seeing a fuel spill should be aware of exactly what engine is in the vehicle, if not they should really be touching the fuel and having a sniff before making comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.