• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Bus Operations Supervisor - Job Questions

Russel

Hi all,

Bit of a long shot here but I know we have a few industry insiders lurking, I've just applied for a job with Arriva bus as an Operations Supervisor, I have an basic understanding of what the role will entail as I'm already in a similar role with another road transport company, but can anyone give me any pointers with what Arriva expect of an Ops Supervisor?

Also, anyone have a rough idea of what sort of salary they offer, the DB site doesn't actually give any information of salary or benefits...

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Russel

Is this definitely for Arriva Bus or the Rail Replacement provider (ARTS)?

Definitely bus. Though the DB careers site does seem to be lacking in detail.

I've since found the salary to be around £31k, by digging around on the internet I found an advert for the same position in Derby from last year on one of the recruitment sites.

Andy Pacer

Established Member
Definitely bus. Though the DB careers site does seem to be lacking in detail.

I've since found the salary to be around £31k, by digging around on the internet I found an advert for the same position in Derby from last year on one of the recruitment sites.
That's about what I'd have calculated it to be. Not too bad for manning the control desk, but it can be quite hectic.

Mwanesh

You will mostly be dealing with driver sign on. Lost mileage, breakdowns and any problems. Its a varied role and you will need to be very organised and deal with any thing that may arise.

Russel

You will mostly be dealing with driver sign on. Lost mileage, breakdowns and any problems. Its a varied role and you will need to be very organised and deal with any thing that may arise.

Pretty similar to the HGV industry then to be fair.