• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Conductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikeylado

Hi, does anybody have any idea if Arriva will be recruting this year for conductors? I am currently on hold and have been since November?Any info would be appreciated cheers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spikeylado

i am in contact with them but i thought it might be better from the shop floor so to speak? They dont give much away!

12guard4

If they don't say, then anything anyone else says is more than likely going to be just speculation.

Spikeylado

I guess so i just thought somebody working there might be in the know but i take your point.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Currently recruiting for Qualified Conductors - which I'd think is a bit of an odd move

NX

Seems like a reasonable move to me, depending on where they are looking to take qualified guards, places like Crewe, Chester or even Shrewsbury and Llandudno would look like good places for soon to be displaced Merseyrail or even Arrvia Northern Guards to move to.

It wouldn't surprise me if the two Arriva companies are doing an unofficial deal to allow ATN guards to move to ATW in a sweetener to the RMT.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Seems like a reasonable move to me, depending on where they are looking to take qualified guards, places like Crewe, Chester or even Shrewsbury and Llandudno would look like good places for soon to be displaced Merseyrail or even Arrvia Northern Guards to move to.

It wouldn't surprise me if the two Arriva companies are doing an unofficial deal to allow ATN guards to move to ATW in a sweetener to the RMT.

Cardiff Valleys - not a hotbed for displaced staff

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Funny that this cropped up as a bump

Today they have just advertised for Trainee Conductors at Cardiff Valleys

NX

Cardiff Valleys - not a hotbed for displaced staff

If I was as faced with the push at ATN or Merseyrail I would consider a move to a Valleys Depot, but even then the Valleys may be subject to the next DOO dispite.

NX

I really hope your right, however if and it's a huge, massive if the Valleys gets converted to light rail they'll be main issue.

As long as Class 142/143 and 150sarw plying the Valleys, Guards are safe - so long may we keep the busses on wheels !

Status
Not open for further replies.