Arriva NW

Discussion in 'Other Public Transport' started by 33109, 25 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 33109

33109 Member

Anybody on here know whether or not arriva north west are likely to be getting any new double deckers in the future? Just that their olympians 3350-3360 are looking rather tired now & not sounding too healthy:roll:

Only knew decker they've had lately is 4042 with the alx400 bodywork, which is supposedly ex arriva north london? Also any chance of em replacing the plaxton centros any point? I.E. 2608-2618 which seem to be having more & more problems just recent:lol:;)

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. mbonwick

mbonwick Established Member

I would imagine that Olympians are on the hit list...

4. 33109

33109 Member

That's the thing you see with arriva they've invested in buses but just in merseyside whereas cheshire & manchester never seem to get any new buses whatsoever<(

5. anthony263

anthony263 Established Member

Have you seen what first are like in south wales. All the recent low floors we have had are knockoff's from Bristol or London.

The only new vehicles we have had are for the 2 park & ride services operated under contract to Swansea council.

We still have at least 5 volvo olympians and some mercdes-benz minibuses running around.

At least stagecoach are nearly 100% low floor in their south wales bus fleet the last being the volvo b10m's operating in Aberdare/Bargoed which are being replaced early 2012

6. Paul Sidorczuk

Paul Sidorczuk Veteran Member

The most select part of rural Cheshire East.
    A visit to Macclesfield bus station gives you a view of the Arriva fleet used there. Mind you, there was the most unusual sight of a double-decker on the 130 Macclesfield to Manchester service yesterday.

7. martinsh

martinsh Established Member

RUBBISH !

I live in Crewe and just about all vehicles used locally were new to Arriva at the local garage. Viz

T/X/Y reg Mini Pointer Darts
    53 reg Wright Cadets
    56 reg Plaxton Centros
    (only other regular vehicles are the Olmypians you mention, and they are starting to be replaced by ex London DAFs)

Admittedly some of these are getting a bit long in the tooth, but the average life of a bus is about 15 years, and these are all low floor (except the Olympians of course)

Compare that with Arriva in Stafford (where I work) where local services are run by an assortment of P/S/T reg Darts with a few V/W reg cast offs from Leicester recently arriving to "update" the fleet

8. 33109

33109 Member

Well don't know why though but the 56 reg centros seem 2 be having more & more problems lately, had 1 sat at macclesfield t'other day & it took the driver about 4 attempts to get it started again don't know what the prob is with such relatively new buses?:roll::oops:

That & the marshall bodywork 1s i.e. 7644, 7647, 7673 all seem to have had fair amount of probs lately especially it seems concerning the air systems & these are only on V reg:lol:

9. 317 forever

317 forever Member

Arriva North West are introducing some Gemini integrals on routes 79 and 82 in Liverpool at present.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.